Biotransformations and Biocatalysis
Research Interests/Specialization: Biocatalysis and Biotransformations
Education and Training:
- 1990- MSc: Kanpur University, Kanpur
- 1999 – PhD: Harcourt Butler Technological University, Kanpur
- Lecturer (June 1999 – June 2008) < br> School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar University, Patiala
- Assistant Professor (June 2008 – June 2011) < br> School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar University, Patiala
- Associate Professor (April 2011 – July 2017)< br> School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar University, Patiala
- Professor (July 2017 – to date)< br> School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- B.E./B.Tech., Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology:
UCB 008: Applied Chemistry; Lectures, Tutorials & Practicals
List of Publications:
- Sharma A, Melo JS, Tejo Prakash N, 2018, Prakash R Fuel properties of blend and biodiesel generated from acid oil using whole cell biocatalyst, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 40: 148-154.
- Sharma A, Melo JS, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R, 2018, Effect of feedstocks and chain lengths of alcohols on the whole-cell catalyzed generation of alkyl esters Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 40: 2612-2619
- Rachana Pandey, Yuvraj Garg, Ranjana Prakash, and Satyendra Kumar Pandey, 2018, Enantioselective synthesis of (-)-(5R,6S)-6-acetoxyhexadecan-5-olide via tandem α-aminooxylation-Henry reaction, Arkivoc 2018, part vii, 20-27.
- Rachana Pandey, Anju Gehlawat, Ranjana Prakash & Satyendra Kumar Pandey, 2018, Enantioselective total syntheses of (−)-clavaminol A and deacetyl (+)-clavaminol H, Synthetic Communications, 48, 2280–2287.
- Rachana Pandey and Ranjana Prakash, 2018, A concise asymmetric synthesis of (−)-trans-aerangis lactone, Can. J. Chem, 96, 1061–1063.
- Rachana Pandey and Ranjana Prakash, 2018, Concise Asymmetric Syntheses of (S)-Ethyl 4-methyloctanoate and its Acid: Aggregation Pheromones of Rhinoceros Beetles of the Genus Oryctes, Arkivoc, 442–448, https://doi.org/10.24820/ark.5550190.p010.477.
- Jaiswal SK, Prakash R, Skalny AV, Skalnaya MG, Grabeklis AR, Skalnaya AA, Tinkov AA, Zhang F, Guo X, Tejo Prakash N, 2018, Synergistic effect of selenium and UV-B radiation in enhancing antioxidant level of wheatgrass grown from selenium rich wheat, Journal of Food Biochemistry, 42, e12577 DOI: 10.1111/jfbc.12577
- Skalnaya M, Jaiswal SK, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N, Grabeklis AR, Zhegalova IV, Zhang F, Guo X, Tinkov AA, Skalny, 2018, The level of toxic elements in edible crops from seleniferous area (Punjab, India) Biological Trace Element Research, 184: 523-528.
- Jaiswal SK, Prakash R, Prabhu KS, Tejo Prakash N, Bioaccessible selenium sourced from Se-rich mustard cake facilitates protection from TBHP induced cytotoxicity in melanoma cells, 2018, Food and Function, 9: 1998-2004.
- Solovyev N, Tejo Prakash N, Bhatia P, Prakash R, Drobyshev E, Michalke, 2018, B Selenium-rich mushrooms cultivation on a wheat substrate from seleniferous area in Punjab, India, Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology 50: 362-366.
- Avneet Kaur, Ranjana Prakash, Amjad Ali, 2018, 1H NMR assisted quantification of glycerol carbonate in the mixture of glycerol and glycerol carbonate, Talenta, 2018,178,1001-10.
- Amanpreet Kaur, Ranjana Prakash,and Satyendra Kumar Pandey, 2018 An Asymmetric Synthesis of ((3R,6R)-6-Methylpiperidine-3-yl)methanol; A Piperidine Core Unit of Potent Dual Orexin Receptor Antagonist MK-6096, Chemistry Select, 2018, 3, 12164-12166.
- Aulakh S, Sharma A, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R, 2017, Biocatalyzed esterification of oleic acid using cell suspension and dried biomass of Aspergillus sp. RBD01. Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, 35, 127-130.
- Prakash R, Rather RA, Kaur M and Pal B, 2017, Oxidative degradation of aliphatic carboxylic acids by photocatalysis with bare and Ag-loaded TiO2 under UV light irradiation, Particulate Science and Technology, DoI: 10.1080/02726351.2016.1241845.
- Jaiswal SK, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R, 2017, 1H NMR Based Quantification of Ethyl Ester in Biodiesel: A Comparative Study of Product-Dependent Derivations, Analytical Chemistry Letters, 6: 518-525.
- Sharma A, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R, 2017, Fungus mediated generation of ethyl ester using acid oil as substrate. Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 36: 1840-1846.
- Ahluwalia S, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R, Pal B, 2016, Improved degradation of methyl orange dye using bio co-catalyst Se nanoparticles impregnated ZnS photocatalyst under UV radiation, Chemical Engineering Journal, 306: 1041-1048.
- Gangwar, AK, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash, R. 2016, An eco-friendly approach: Incorporating a xylanase stage at various places in ECF and chlorine-based bleaching of Eucalyptus pulp. BioResources. 11: 5381-5388.
- Gangwar AK, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R, 2015, Amenability of Acacia and Eucalyptus hardwood pulps in elemental chlorine-free bleaching: Application and efficacy of microbial xylanase. BioResources, 10: 8404-8413.
- Jaiswal SK, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N. 2015, Selenium in storage proteins of wheat cultivated on selenium impacted soils of Punjab, India. Acta Alimentaria, 44: 235-241.
- Bhatia P, Pandey S, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N, 2014, Enhanced anti-oxidant activity as a function of selenium hyperaccumulation in Agaricus bisporus cultivated on Se-rich agri-residues. Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, 4: 354-364
- Bhatia P, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N, 2014, Enhanced antioxidant properties as a function of selenium uptake by edible mushrooms cultivated on selenium-accumulated waste post-harvest wheat and paddy residues, International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture, 3: 127-132.
- Bhatia P, Bansal C, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N. 2014, Selenium uptake and associated anti-oxidant properties in Pleurotus fossulatus cultivated on wheat straw from seleniferous fields. Acta Alimentaria, 43: 280-287.
- Gangwar AK, Tejo Prakash N, Ranjana Prakash, 2014, Applicability of microbial xylanases in paper pulp bleaching: A Review. BioResources, 9: 3733-3754
- Sharma A, Verma A, Luxami V, Melo JS, D’Souza SFD, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R. 2013, A New 1H NMR based derivation for quantification of alkyl esters generated using biocatalysis. Energy and Fuels,27: 2660-2664.
- Aulakh SS, Tejo Prakash N, Prakash R. 2013, Transesterification of triglycerides by dried biomass of Aspergillus sp. Journal of Oleo Science, 62: 297-303.
- Bhatia P, Aureli F, D’Amato M, Prakash R, Cameotra SS, Tejo Prakash N, Cubadda, F. 2013, Selenium bioaccessibility and speciation in biofortified Pleurotus mushrooms grown on selenium-rich agricultural residues. Food Chemistry, 140: 225-230.
- Bhatia P, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N, 2013, Selenium uptake by edible oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus sp.) from selenium-hyperaccumulated agricultural residues. Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 59: 69-72.
- Jaiswal S, Prakash R, Acharya R, Reddy AVR, Tejo Prakash N, 2012, Selenium content in seed, oil and oil cake of Se hyperaccumulated Brassica juncea (Indian Mustard) cultivated in seleniferous region of India. Food Chemistry, 134: 401-404.
- Jaiswal S, Prakash R, Acharya R, Nathaniel TN, Reddy AVR, Tejo Prakash N, 2012, Bioaccessibility of selenium from Se rich food grains of seleniferous region of Punjab, India as analyzed by Instrumental and Chemical NAA. CyTA Journal of Food, 10, 160-164.
- Aulakh, S.S., Chhibber, M., Mantri, R., Prakash, P., 2011, Whole cell catalyzed esterification of fatty acids to biodiesel using Aspergillus sp. Biocatalysis and Biotransformation,29: 354-358.
- Prakash, R., Aulakh, S.S., 2011, Transesterification of used edible and non-edible oils to alkyl esters by Aspergillus sp. as a whole cell catalyst. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 51: 1-7
- Tejo Prakash N, Sharma N, Prakash R, Nathaniel N, Acharya R, Reddy AVR, 2010. Selenium fortification and pro/anti-oxidant responses in Allium cepa (onion plant) cultivated in Se supplemented soils. Experimental Agriculture, 46: 531-540.
- Prakash, R., Aulakh, S.S., Kalra, R., 2010, Effect of frying time on free fatty acid generation and esterification rate in Aspergillus sp. catalysed transesterification of cottonseed oil. Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, 28: 403-407
- Aulakh SS, Ranjana Prakash, 2010. Optimization of medium and process parameters for production of lipase from an oil tolerant Aspergillus sp. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 50: 37-42.
- Mathur C, Prakash R, Ali A, Kaur J, Cameotra SS, Tejo Prakash N, 2010. Emulsification and tranesterification of oil by a soil borne fungus, Syncephalastrum racemosum. Defence Science Journal, 60: 151-154.
- Aulakh SS, Agarwal S, Chhibber M, Ranjana Prakash, 2010. Lipase catalyzed tranesterification of cottonseed oil. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, 4: 367-372.
- Tejo Prakash N, Sharma N, Prakash R, Acharya R, 2010. Removal of selenium from Se enriched natural soils by a consortium of Bacillus isolates. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 84: 214-218.
- Gupta, S., Ranjana Prakash, Carolyn I. Pearce, Richard A.D. Pattrick, M. Hery, Jonathan R. Lloyd, Prakash NT, 2010, Selenium mobilization by Pseudomonas aeruginosa (SNT-SG1) isolated from seleniferous soils from India, Geomicrobiology Journal, 27: 35-42
- Prakash NT, Sharma N, Ranjana Prakash, Raina KK, Fellowes J, Pearce CI, Lloyd JR, Pattrick RAD, 2009, Aerobic microbial manufacture of nanoscale selenium: Exploiting nature’s bionanomineralization potential. Biotechnology Letters. 31: 1857-1862
- Sharma N, Ranjana Prakash, Srivastava A, Sadana US, Acharya R., Prakash NT., Reddy AVR, 2009, Profile of selenium in soil and crops in seleniferous area of Punjab, India by neutron activation analysis. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry 281: 59-62
- Sharma N, Kumar A, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N, 2007. Selenium accumulation and Se-induced anti-oxidant activity in Allium cepa. Environmental Informatics Archives, 5: 328-336.
- Shikha Yadav, Gupta S, Ranjana Prakash, Tejo Prakash N, Spallholz JE, 2007. Selenium uptake by Allium cepa in Se-spiked soils, Am-Eur Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. 6: 81-84.
- Yadav SS, Garg, MK, Prakash R, Tejo Prakash N, 2007. Selenium induced reduction in pyrene toxicity in bacteria, Environmental Informatics Archives, 5: 690-693.
- Arun Kapoor,Ranjana Prakash, Tejo Prakash N, 2003. Predictive Biotransformation of Potential Toxic Chemicals, Chemicke Listy, 97: 472-473.
- Srivastava AP, Ranjana Bajpai, Srivastava RB, 1998, Anti-termite treatment of rubber cups used in underground mines, Materials und Organismen, P1: 1-6.